Monday, August 11, 2008

Are You Ready St. Aug.??? Mommy's Little Girl Departs

So the Lovely Lady has spent weeks anticipating her departure to the capitol city, The City of Oaks, Raleigh, NC and now the time has come and oh so fast. Looking forward to life on campus this year and looking to maintain that perfect GPA I am leaving and ill come back again..The summer time was the best ever. I got a chance to work for The University of South Carolina with the greatest kids and staff and I got to visit my Home and my old steppin ground.... BROOKLYN!!!!! At St. Aug., I plan to take advantage of the great opportunities that I will encounter. As a rising sophomore, I'm majoring in Mass Communications(with a concentration in public relations) and Sociology. Yup ill be out in three years with two B.A's. Not sure where to after that but hopefully a great job offer will be awaiting me completion and maybe even a hubby(lol- not a necessity but it would be nice). I have time to think about the next move but until then, I'll do my best, hold my head up and always keep God first. Thankful that I have made it through thus far I cant let anyone or anything stop me now...McFadden and White Head sang it best"Ain't no stopping us now, We're on the Move(yeah-ee a yeah-ee a)!!!!
The Verse Continues:
There've been so many things that have held us down But now it looks like things are finally comin' around, yeah I know we've got a long long way to go, yeah And where we'll end up I don't know But we won't let nothing hold us back We gonna get ourselves together We gonna polish up our act, yeah And if you've ever been held down before I know that you refuse to be held down any more, yeah yeah Don't you let nothing, nothing Nothing stand in your ..................
Although the Classic Disco hit was released in 1979(may I mention nine years before I was born) and written for a different era it still holds a great significance...To anyone is striving and longing to accomplish their goals...go for it......Dream Big and Aim High....If I can do it so can you!!! Oh and This is Not the end...The Lovely Lady says her life is to be continued........
Much Love!!!!!!

No comments: